Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Add Battery Power To Your MaxiDAS for un...
Add Battery Power To Your MaxiDAS for under $25!

4239 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-19 03:54:49

•   Level 4   
    (115) points
    jfoj
    2015-04-13 16:06:35
       So after thinking about a way to have the MaxiDAS battery powered/portable, I came up with a decent idea/solution.

So for under $25 you can buy a rechargeable 12 Volt battery pack module with coaxial DC connectors and just use some Velcro and mount it on the the rear of the MaxiDAS. Instant battery power for your MaxiDAS. The unit I purchased came with a short length of a coaxial power jumper cable that fits the MaxiDAS and the battery pack also has a power switch on it so you can actually keep the MaxiDAS from draining the battery when the MaxiDAS is turned off.

I have not timed how long the unit can run, but it works well for quick jobs and if you need to power the tool up for other purposes and not be tied to the car or a power outlet.

If  you need to use the rear stand, it is not a problem depending on how and where the battery pack is mounted. Looking at how I mounted the battery pack on my MaxiDAS the rear stand can be used without removing the battery pack.

Here is the link the 12 Battery module I purchased - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UKKXRC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits neatly inside of the prop stand and just the power connection/wire slightly blocks the prop stand if you want to use it, but this is easily worked around.

So think about adding this to your MaxiDAS for convenience and portability.

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    J Gutz

2015-04-16 20:32:16 (Reply to:jfoj)

Thank you for the tip, I wish I had read your post when I had my DS708 that I sold.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-04-17 18:07:54 (Reply to:jfoj)

That looks like a great add on to a DS 708 , I have an old MT 2500 that uses a 9V battery too that could be wired to that too I figure. BTW you have the first post I have seen that I can view the pictures directly displayed on the web page! Did Autel do improvements to the Forum?

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-22 06:51:53 (Reply to:jfoj)

Wonderful guy!

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-22 06:53:15 (Reply to:witsend)

BTW you have the first post I have seen that I can view the pictures directly displayed on the web page! Did Autel do improvements to the Forum?
     No, we didn't make such change. IT says the customer use website link here to display picture, sth like hyperlink

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-05-25 21:31:20 (Reply to:Autel Support)

I ordered the battery and it works good . I only turn it on when  I cannot communicate with my printer from where the car sits and need  to walk over to get a stronger WI FI signal for printing. Great to just  flip battery switch on , unplug DS 708 from DLC , walk over and show a customer his scan results so I don't need to save as many things to playback just to be able to print things out if it is necessary.

As far as uploading pictures, it appears one time option to do so on the opening post of a new thread you start, not on replies.

•   Level 4   
    (115) points
    jfoj
    2015-06-08 00:28:01 (Reply to:witsend)
    Glad this battery option has got some interest. I found it as NO BRAINER for the cost and benefit.

As for WiFi being weak at your shop, I would suggest something like the ASUS RT-N66U centrally located in a shop location configured as a WAP it it is not the primary router for the shop.

If the router is located off to the edge in a shop, it still may have better coverage than what is currently being used.

Get the router up as high as possible toward the ceiling.

•   Level 4   
    (115) points
    jfoj
    2015-07-19 03:54:49 (Reply to:jfoj)
    Just an update, I am pleasantly surprised at the battery run time with this set up.

Although not the wisest idea, I performed a BUNCH of downloads and updates the other day while just running on the battery that I had not charged for some time. I think I had over 1 hour of run time on the system performing downloads and updates.

I was not expecting this kind of run time out of the setup, but was very happy.

Only problem I see is since this is not an integrated battery, there is no low battery warning so be careful not to have the battery avalanche on you mid use of the tool. Not sure how the tool will react and if there will be any negative consequences.

I think for downloads and updates is it advised to run on AC/Mains power rather than battery, however, I was successful with many updates while running on the battery.

Total1 Pages